Portions: 8 Serving Size: 1/4 Pizza
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup mushroom pieces
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup pineapple chunks or tidbits
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (see recipe in “Sauces & Seasonings” section)
- Prepare Easy Pizza Dough and Red Pepper Tomato Sauce recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Shape pizza dough to make two flat 12″ pizza crusts.
- Spread 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce over each pizza.
- Top with red onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top.
- Bake at 425º F 12 to 16 minutes until bubbly and browned.
- Red pepper tomato sauce and pizza dough can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until the day pizza is prepared.
- To form 12″ pizza, turn a medium-sized bowl upside down and dust with flour. Gently stretch dough evenly over outside of the bowl; turn and place on pizza pan.
- Makes two 12″ pizzas.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 289
- Protein 8 g
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 165 mg
- Potassium 210 mg
- Phosphorus 111 mg
- Calcium 74 mg
- Fiber 2.2 g