Portions: 10 Serving size: 1/10th recipe
10-ounce pound cake
12-ounce package of regular cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely grated
4 ounces brewed espresso
- Using a serrated knife, cut pound cake into 10 equal slices and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine cocoa and grated chocolate in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour espresso into a shallow dish.
- Dip both sides of 4 pieces of pound cake into the espresso, then place in bottom of 8″ loaf pan. Break up pieces, if necessary, in order to coat bottom of pan.
- Gently spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture over cake layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining slices, cream cheese mixture and cocoa mixture to make 3 layers.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, then cut into 10 pieces and serve.