Mexican Chicken Pizza
Portions: 4 Serving Size: 1 Pizza
Four 6″ flour tortillas
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup canned, no salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup red peppers, diced
2 cups roasted chicken breast, diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from oven; stack and press down to flatten. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add corn to skillet and cook 1 minute or until lightly charred. Add onions, red peppers, chicken and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Spoon 3/4-cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Bake at 350° F for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza with 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- Always select natural cheeses instead of processed cheese. Sodium and phosphorus contents are usually lower in natural cheeses.
- Stick with the recommended cheese portion (2 tablespoons per pizza—or less) to keep phosphorus in a reasonable range.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 309
- Protein 26 g
- Carbohydrates 31 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 59 mg
- Sodium 253 mg
- Potassium 329 mg
- Phosphorus 250 mg
- Calcium 120 mg
- Fiber 2.1 g