Lemon Pound Cake
Portions: 16 Serving size: 1 slice
1–1/2 cups butter or margarine
3 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups sifted all-purpose white flour
1 cup lukewarm low fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added.
- Fold in flour and combined milk and extracts.
- Pour batter into a greased tube pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.