Portions: 12 Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of pizza)
1/2 package (1-1/4 teaspoon) dry yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water (divided use)
2 tablespoons olive oil (divided use)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups white all-purpose flour
3 ounces low sodium tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1/2 pound cooked ground beef or pork, well drained
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup raw onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil, sugar and flour to make dough. Place in a greased bowl, cover and set aside.
- Combine tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, garlic powder, Italian seasonings and remaining oil in a small saucepan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Brown meat with black and red peppers in a skillet. Drain off fat. Add onion and green pepper.
- Grease a 17” x 14” baking sheet or pizza pan. Press dough onto sheet. Spread sauce, meat mixture and cheese over dough. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until dough and cheese are golden brown.
- Cut into 12 servings.
- Each pizza slice has 1/2 ounce of cheese to keep phosphorus low.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 201
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Sodium 75 mg
- Potassium 176 mg
- Phosphorus 115 mg
- Calcium 118 mg
- Fiber 1.4 g