Florida Key Lime Pie
Portions: 8 Serving size: 1/8 pie
1 stick unsalted margarine
1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup lime juice (fresh or bottled)
one 13-ounce can Eagle Brand® Sweetened condensed milk
one 9-ounce container Cool Whip® nondairy dessert topping, defrosted if frozen
green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F°.
- Melt margarine and add graham cracker crumbs and sugar; mix thoroughly. Save 1 to 2 tablespoons crumb mixture to sprinkle on top of pie.
- Press into a 9” pie shell. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Add lime juice to condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 container Cool Whip to mixture and mix well.
- Add 3-4 drops green food coloring and mix well.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle leftover crumb mixture on pie.
- Pie may be frozen, if desired.