Dyle’s Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
Portions: 6 Serving size: 3 ounces boneless pork
3 pounds baby back pork ribs
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, cut into 1/2″ slices
1 medium red apple, cut into 1/2″ slices and core removed
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 225° F.
- Combine brown sugar and Creole seasoning in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place ribs in a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish (cut ribs in half to fit into pan).
- Rub olive oil onto both sides of ribs, then repeat using brown sugar and Creole seasoning mixture.
- Place onion and apple slices on top of ribs.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for approximately 5 to 6 hours. Remove foil and brush ribs with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Bake uncovered for an additional 45 minutes or more at 325° F until temperature of ribs reaches 185 ° F.
8. Remove from oven. Carefully drain liquid, and discard onion and apples.
- Cut ribs into individual pieces and serve immediately, or cool and freeze for a later date.
- If desired add additional barbecue sauce at the table.
- Choose barbecue sauce lowest in sodium
- These ribs freeze well. Make extra for a quick meal later.
- Great for leftovers. Try the pork on a bun with coleslaw and hot sauce.
- Adjust the portion to match your meal plan if you are on a lower protein diet.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 268
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fat 16 g
- Cholesterol 79 mg
- Sodium 391 mg
- Potassium 388 mg
- Phosphorus 195 mg
- Calcium 30 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g