Portions: 6 Serving Size: 2 Dumplings
2 cups all-purpose white flour
4 tablespoons corn starch
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
1/2 cup water
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Mix first five ingredients well to form a stiff dough.
- In a large skillet heat chicken broth to a boil.
- Drop dough by spoonful’s (12) into boiling broth and cover.
- Simmer 10 minutes without removing the lid. Serve with roasted chicken and gravy.
- Use a skillet or straight-sided sauté pan to give dumplings plenty of room. Broth should almost cover the dumplings.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 181
- Protein 6 g
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Sodium 185 mg
- Potassium 92 mg
- Phosphorus 104 mg
- Calcium 120 mg
- Fiber 1.2 g