Cranberry and Roasted Garlic Risotto
Portions: 4 Serving Size: 3/4 Cup
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons roasted garlic
1 cup onion, minced
3/4 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Grease a covered casserole dish.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan. Add roasted garlic and onion in saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and dried cranberries to rice mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
- Bottled garlic spread.
- Arborio rice is medium-grain rice with high starch content. It is grown in Italy and is traditionally used in risotto recipes.
- Calories 267
- Protein 8 g
- Carbohydrates 43 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg
- Sodium 100 mg
- Potassium 184 mg
- Phosphorus 66 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Fiber 2.9 g