Chicken Pot Pie
Portions: 8 Serving Size: 2 Cups
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
12 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Black pepper to taste
2 cups potatoes, peeled, diced small
1-1/2 cups carrots, sliced
1cup celery, diced
1cup onion, diced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
12-ounce package pot pie bows (farfelle pasta)
- In a large saucepan, place chicken, water and seasonings. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot of room temperature water and bring to a boil. remove from heat, drain water and add fresh room temperature water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Skim fat from broth.
- Add carrots, celery and onion to broth and heat to boiling. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in boiled potatoes, parsley and bows and boil 14 minutes or until bows are tender.
- Cut chicken into pieces and stir into pot pie mixture; heat through and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 335
- Protein 32 g
- Carbohydrates 42 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sodium 118 mg
- Potassium 521 mg
- Phosphorus 290 mg
- Calcium 59 mg
- Fiber 3.3 g