Chicken Noodle Soup
Portions: 4 Serving Size: 1 Cup
1-1/2 cups homemade chicken stock
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
1/4 cup carrot, diced small
2 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- Pour chicken stock and water into a slow cooker set on high-heat setting.
- Season with poultry seasoning, pepper and salt.
- Add chicken and carrots.
- Add egg noodles to soup.
- Cook on high-heat setting for 20 to 25 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Do not overcook or noodles will be mushy.
- Fettuccine noodles work well in this recipe as a substitute for egg noodles.
- Omit salt if using commercially-prepared broth or stock that contains more than 140 mg sodium per cup.
- Cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker to make stock and provide some of the chicken for this recipe.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 141
- Protein 15 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 49 mg
- Sodium 191 mg
- Potassium 135 mg
- Phosphorus 104 mg
- Calcium 16 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g