BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza
Portions: 2 Serving size: 1 Pita Pizza
2 white pita breads (6-1/2” diameter-regular size)
3 tablespoons low sodium Spicy BBQ Sauce (see DaVita.com recipe)
1/4 cup chopped purple or yellow onion
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
4 ounces cooked chicken, cubed
few dashes garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place 2 pitas on sheet.
- Spread 1-1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce on each pita.
- Chop onion to your liking and spread over pitas equally.
- Spread cubed chicken over pitas equally.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over pitas equally.
- Sprinkle pitas with garlic powder.
8. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Eat pita pizzas promptly after baking; otherwise they may become too crispy.
- Check the nutrition labels and buy the brand of feta cheese and pitas with the lowest amount of sodium.
- To keep sodium lower use Spicy BBQ Sauce from the recipe on DaVita.com. It has only 43 mg sodium per 2 tablespoons compared to 125-460 mg sodium in commercially prepared barbecue sauce.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 320
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 55 mg
- Sodium 523 mg
- Potassium 255 mg
- Phosphorus 221 mg
- Calcium 163 mg
- Fiber 2.4 g