Batter Fried Shrimp
Portions: 10 Serving size: 3
2 pounds raw shrimp, chopped fine
2 cups onion, chopped fine
4 eggs, beaten
1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
1 bunch parsley, chopped fine
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons Salt-free Cajun seasoning
1/2 to 1 cup all-purpose white flour (adjust portion as needed)
Olive-oil for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients except flour together in a mixing bowl.
- After mixing, gradually add flour. Continue adding flour a little at a time until mix gets thick and hangs on to the spoon.
- To deep fry, heat oil in a large skillet or deep-fryer. Drop medium-sized spoonful’s of shrimp batter into hot oil and cook until browned and crisp on both sides.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Mrs. Dash Cajun seasoning blend or Benoit’s Best Salt-Free Cajun seasoning.
- Instead of frying you can form batter into patties and bake on a greased baking sheet at 350° F until golden brown.
- Try crab or craw-fish instead of shrimp. Both are equally great!
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 325
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 222 mg
- Sodium 165 mg
- Potassium 290 mg
- Phosphorus 254 mg
- Calcium 70 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g