Apple Pork Chops and Stuffing
Portions: 6 Serving size: One Pork Chop and 1/6th Serving of Apples and Stuffing.
Nonstick cooking spray
One 6-ounce box low-sodium Stove Top® stuffing mix for chicken
2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
One 21-ounce can apple pie filling (can use sugar free)
6 boneless pork loin chops (or chicken breasts)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray.
- Add stuffing mix to bowl and mix in water and margarine per package directions and set aside.
- Spread apple pie filling on bottom of pan.
- Place pork chops over apple pie filling.
- Spread stuffing over pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Boneless chicken breasts can be used instead of pork chops if desired.
- For a low protein diet adjust the pork serving portion to match your meal plan.
- Instead of boxed stuffing you can substitute the Baked Stuffing
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 490
- Protein 27 g
- Carbohydrates 46 g
- Fat 22 g
- Cholesterol 57 mg
- Sodium 365 mg
- Potassium 410 mg
- Phosphorus 220 mg
- Calcium 26 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g