Portions: 18 Serving size: 3″ x 3″ bar
1/2 cup + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided use)
1 cup granulated sugar or Splenda® granulated sugar substitution
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose white flour
2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons liquid nondairy creamer
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together 1/2 cup butter and white sugar or Splenda.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour. Stir to mix; add chopped apples.
- Pour batter into a greased 9” x 13” baking pan.
- In a small bowl, crumble 2 tablespoons softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make icing, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, nondairy creamer and powdered sugar. Drizzle over top and cut into bars.