Angel Food Whipped Cream Cake
Portions: 10 Serving size: 1/10 of cake
2 tablespoons plain gelatin
4 tablespoons cold water
1 cup boiling water
1 large angel food cake (pre-made from grocery store)
juice of one lemon
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar or Splenda® granular sweetener
1 pint heavy whipping cream (or substitute 4 cups Cool Whip® or generic nondairy whipped topping)
3/4 cup fruit pieces (strawberries, cherries or peaches)
- Soak gelatin in cold water to soften. Add hot water and stir.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice and sugar and stir. Put in refrigerator and let stand until it begins to gel.
- Whip 1/2-pint heavy cream. Fold into mixture along with fruit.
- Line a large bowl with wax paper. Break cake in small pieces. Add cake pieces alternately with whipped cream mixture.
- Cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Turn cake over onto a plate and frost with second 1/2-pint of whipped cream or 2 cups nondairy whipped topping. Decorate with additional 1/4 cup fruit.